His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Mania

There is nothing like kids to get you into the Christmas Mania mood.
I did all my shopping on the computer this year. Avoided the shopping centers and malls and was very disciplined. I plotted and saved and planned and ...... well....

Two days ago, Anna wrote a letter to Santa. She asked for a doll. The rotten little guy wrote back and said EVERYTHING BUT... "I'm bringing you a doll"....but he hinted around like it was true.

Then Sarah wrote and SHE asked for a doll too! "I've always wanted a doll!" WHAT?
She didn't ask ME for a doll! She asked for a dog!

Then Erika, she didn't play around with the english language, she went straight for the jugular. There was no bantering of words like, "Dear Santa, how is Mrs. Claus?" She said straight up, "I want a computer". A COMPUTER!??

Well, the computer was OUT, but dolls? I could work with that. I found myself looking at the American Girls Web site and found the prices Shudderingly scarey. Then I remembered my friend BETH2 from Frua, a voice of reason, talking about dolls from Target. Well, I headed to target and there they were. Beautiful dolls, the kind they wanted on SALE for 19.99!

So, yes, I am a Christmas maniac. I got them the dolls. Erika got a doll too. I hope they love them. Computers will come soon enough.
I loved buying them.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Good for you. I don't buy much via the internet, but I did get all my shopping done. :)

Merry Christmas!

christie said...

Christine,

Buying for 10 children at the same time must be amazing!

Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin