His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Learning How To Play

I remember when Anna first came to us, she had no idea how to play and imagine. She did have 2 imaginary friends, "Holly and Sister Nuthin'", which showed she had potential as she had an imagination, but understanding playing with dolls and toys were just beyond her.
We started with playing together, and teaching her how to care for her babies. Over time, she took off. And now, I just walked onto the back porch. She was sitting on her saddle pretending to be "Pa" from "Little House on the Prairie", she had her "catch of food", (stuffed animals) hanging by her saddle and was getting away from wolves to go home for dinner. I walked out a few minutes later and she was making soup from wild leaves. She has been pretending little house with her sisters for a couple of weeks.
It is just ineteresting watching that little imagination become healthy and happy. The only thing she would pretend when she first came to us was that she was going to hit us or put us in time out because we were "bad". Now, she is a nice mommy, and plays a great "PA". She is going to be so excited to get that "Cowboy Outfit" she doesn't know she is getting for Christmas. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin