His Mercy
"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"
A Thought
Prayer Quote
“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis
― C. S. Lewis
Faith
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)
Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Joseph And Eden
There have been many changes in our family in the last 5 years. Our son Joseph and his family moved away to South Carolina where he has worked with Davenant Institute. He teaches post grad theology and philosophy classes through them. In the midst of all this change, there was an unfortunate divorce. That is partly why our Grandson Sam came to live with us for the last 2 1/2 years. But in these years there has been a lot of healing going on, and as families move on and people adjust to a new normal, our Son Joseph and his former wife Becca have moved on.
There was this post grad student last year that caught Joe's attention and he caught hers. The one complication, is she is from South Africa! So, early this year, as he took on a new job at Florida Christian College, in Indian Beach Florida, which is a classical Christian college that is fairly new; he went to South Africa to meet his Eden. The two of them got married 2 months ago in South Africa and she will finally be coming to her new home in America next month.
We are all very excited to meet her and plan to introduce her to Texas Brisket right away! I sure do wish they lived closer!
Welcome to our family Eden! We cannot wait to meet you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment