I was looking up the meaning of the word "Transition" in the Noah Webster 1828 dictionary to see what Noah had to say about that word. :) Quote: "Passage from one place or state to another." "Change". There were a few more definitions regarding music, or geology, but these will suffice.
I started this blog in 2007. Since then we have had many transitions. I think the only thing the same, is that we live in the same house, but even the house has had some transitions, like updates, newer floors and paint.
Our parents, Ed, Lois,My mom, My Dabba have all passed away. Our brother passed away, a niece passed away recently. There have been some changes in marriage for a few of our kids. 2 of our sons now have new wives. All of the girls have married. We have 18 grand children. (including the one about to be born to Albina in a few weeks)
Our grand children are grown, many have moved out on their own. They are pursuing college and carreers and it seems like just yesterday they were digging up treasure in the back yard at Easter.
The days of Scottish Rite Hospital and surgeries are over, and the days of youth group and camp are over.
We have been through many transitions in our lives and we are not far from starting a new transition. RETIREMENT. This will be a slow transition, but it is certainly one coming up very soon.
I have loved each transition, as it is exciting and I love seeing my family grow and change, not necessarily the sad parts of course, but those also are a part of life.
We still go to the zoo and the newest little ones will benefit from zoo trips as soon as they are old enough. Our Christmas celebrations are a little different with old friends and new. We started hosting a Christmas Party for family, friends and our ministry group and it has turned out to be quite fun. it is really fun to see our adult kids invite their friends they grew up with and to see all of them converge here is just wonderful!
But it is quiet here and the hallways are filled with memories of long ago. The memories make me thankful, but the memories are not all that we have. We have what lies ahead! The present and the future! While things have transitioned, it isn't a negative thing at all. It is a great adventure!
Every change in life brings a new family dynamic, including health issues; aging and its effects.
So I have been writing on about normal transitions within family, but what about the transitions that have effected our sweet girls besides the growing up part. They transitioned from one country to another, from orphan status to cherished daugthers, from rejected to loved, from destitute to having a home. And they continue and will continue just as we have and the boys have to make changes in life. Each of them have already married and most have children. Our daugther who hasn't had children YET, is a fantastic Auntie to her nieces and nephews. The photo I chose for this post will always be true. If you want to make changes in the world, love your family.
The Lord has been with us throughout our whole lives and will continue to be with us in these new transitions. We have lived more of our lives than we have left. It is our intention to use the time we have left to glorify our Lord in all things. And as we move on into older adulthood, we know our children will carry the torch that was lit long ago to love their families with their whole hearts and to reflect Christ's love for us.
His Mercy
"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"
A Thought
Prayer Quote
“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis
― C. S. Lewis
Faith
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

No comments:
Post a Comment