His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Thursday, August 27, 2026

My New Place To Write

This room used to be bustling with little girls! There were bunkbeds, toys, dressers and the conversation was endless. I remember one time coming in to clean and it was Sarah and Alli's turn to share a room. (we used to rotate kids every 6 months) They took off from the "Mom, Dad and Me" books and made their own Sarah and Alli book. They were writing to each other to solve their roommate problems! We had a rule of no perishable foods in the bedrooms. Each girl had a lunch box with non perishables so if they woke hungry, they wouldn't feel that feeling of not having enough. Early in their lives they DIDN'T have enough! So, those non perishables were neatly placed under beds for emergency use. :) During that time, Alli and I were going to have a talk so we went into her room, THIS room, and she had the bottom bunk. The bottom of the top bunk was exposed above her and there were several rails. The mattress cover against those rails formed numerous pockets to place things in. She had some toys, papers in some, but as we were talking I noticed some "fruit flies"! As we looked at the pockets she sheepishly pulled out, apple core, apple core, banana peel...so we incorporated into our talk another talk about the WHY of not having fresh fruit in the bedroom. It really was quite humorous. Now, this room is filled with memories. It doesn't have apple cores, just a cup of coffee or a glass of water and the bunkbeds have been taken down to make way for books. The sun shines in here in the morning and I can watch it rise from my window. It is perfect for writing and remembering. So this is where I will be writing from now on. I used to be in the kitchen on a shared computer with all sorts of things going on around me. Now, it is just Mike and me. I hope you keep reading and looking at old posts if you are reading this. There is much for me to process and share with love and new insight. The Lord has been so good to us. SO VERY good, even during hard times. He didn't remove those times, but clearly walked us through them. Where we are now doesn't mean their won't be hard times to come, as with anybody who lives on this earth. We have both faced cancer and physical ailments, and the aging process is certainly not for the faint of heart. Ha! But I will write as long as I can about the goodness and glory of the Lord and how He gently leads us and calls us to Himself. He is most certainly a God of Love and compassion. I'm thrilled to be writing again.

1 comment:

Christie M said...

we still use our mom dad and me books 16 years later! I love it.
here is a link to another article on those books.
https://minichfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-books.html