His Mercy
"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"
A Thought
Prayer Quote
“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis
― C. S. Lewis
Faith
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)
Tuesday, August 25, 2026
A Part of Getting Older
A part of getting older is being faced with health issues. During the last few years, since covid, we have had some setbacks, but have trusted that the Lord knows our bodies and His hand has been on us.
I had a very bad case of Covid in 2020 and then was diagnosed with Long Covid. For years I have had issues with pain in my body and it wound up being diagnosed as RA.
The medicine they wanted me to take gave me terrible nightmares and I figured I'd rather have pain that nightmares.
Then, a little growth developed on my inner lip. I went to the Dr and he said it was nothing. For 4 years I let him know and that it was getting bigger and it hurt. He didn't take it seriously.
THEN CAME MEDICARE.... they take EVERYTHING seriously! SERIOUSLY!
I fell out of a tree putting up Christmas lights! Then, I fell and ran a bolt through my hand. I fell and broke my arm! I let the Dr know I had that thing in my mouth!
It turned out to be a slow growing cancer. I had the first surgery and they didn't get it all. Then they sent me to an oncologist and he sent me for a pet scan. That pet scan revealed a hidden tumor that was deep in my throat in the perotid gland. So, with a broken arm in a cast, I went into surgery last July. Praise the LORD that I had that mouth tumor, or they wouldn't have found the perotid tumor. So, I've been recoverying since last July. Part of my mouth was removed and folks say they can't really tell, but I can tell. My smile is crooked. :) I have what is called "First Bite Syndrome" which causes pain when I take my first few bites of food, but I'm so thankful that I CAN take bites of food!
Mostly, I'm so thankful that it was all found out and I have recovered. All the pet scans have been clear. I have one more coming up and I won't have to see the oncologist again. He was a very good Doctor!
Here are a few pictures of recovery: (the first picture is about 9 months after) I am at 13 months now.
I have been very careful since those falls to walk with intent. At 68, I don't need to break anything else! I also found an herbal concoction to take for the RA from INDIA. It is called RELAXI and it is doing wonders for my body. I don't even need to take an aspirin at this point. I've been on it for 2 months. I noticed the difference after 2 weeks.
I'm so thankful that things have improved. Last year was a HARD year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment