His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Friday, August 28, 2026

So What Have We Been Doing?

We've beem Staying Engaged and Busy!
After graduating all the kids from homeschooling, our church started a biblical counseling ministry. I joined. There is a lot that goes into being a biblical counselor including, a 14 week overview course, a lot of reading, a test that requires 44 short papers, and then 50 hours of supervised counseling. We also attend yearly conferences to learn more. This year we will be heading to TN. I have learned so much through this process and donate my time to helping others. We have a good hierachy that backs us up and keeps us responsible for making sure proper HIPPA papers are filed as well as proper reporting if ever needed. Overall, the last 5 years have been so rewarding. I love seeing people succeed in the Lord. The expereiences I have had in life, some of which I never thought could be used to help another person, have been used by the Lord.
(this is an old photo of the shoppe with a few of us in the hammock) I'm also helping Mike in the business. I am old enough to be retired, and so is he, but for now we work. :) We are doing some remodeling and planning to stay where we are. We truly enjoy seeing the grand kids and hosting various events including Christmas and Thanksgiving, the 4 of July and Easter.
We have a ministry group that regularly meets at our home and we also host the 5th Friday night Movie night. September 12 we will be hosting a party to welcome our Son's new wife into our lives. What a blessing! So this is some of what we are doing presently. I'm so thankful for the Lord's blessing us with family and friends.

No comments: