His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankfulness





Tonight, I am full of thankfulness for the many blessings in my life. Our son and daughter Timothy and Emily, (affectionatly known as Timily) came over with their new dog Stella. She is a beautiful dog and very sweet! What was really nice to see were the little girlies interacting with their brother and sister.
They put on an impromptu show of Christmas carols and made up songs they have been singing.
I watched as the older kids and younger kids interacted and it just blessed my heart.

I am so thankful that Adoption touched our lives; CHANGED our lives for the BETTER!~
Those 3 little girlies are so wonderful. They bless us each and every day and I am so thankful.
I was watching Erika today, and thinking back to the time we adopted her, and the Dr. at the orphanage told us she had been "left to lay" for her first 4 years.... She asked, "do you still want to meet her? Don't expect much."
I will never forget those words! Of COURSE we want to meet her. When we met, she examined us , knowing what was happening, because she saw the process many times before. It just hadn't happened to her. She thought to herself, "It would never happen to me!" And it did, and she savored the moment.

This i s me and Erika in Ukraine. It was her first day out of the orphanage and she was
trying on the clothes we brought for her.
We were in that room, with the smell I cannot ever forget, and she touched our faces sitting between us and said, "My mamitchka, my papitchka!" (my precious mother, my precious father)
And here we are today, with such a wonderful, sweet child. Her adoption file was full of sadness and doom. Her profile picture was of a baby screaming. (she was almost 8)
But, there was this little rose bud waiting to bloom, and she got to bloom in our house! YEA!
The same with Sarah and Anna.... they are our precious little roses.



This was Sarah on Mother's Day. She was 5 and turning 6 the next month.


This is Anna just before she turned 5 . Can you tell she loves Cats? LOL
This was her final visit before we picked her up for good.Thank you Lord for blessing us with 3 wonderful little girls. My heart is full of joy.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I always love reading your posts. Your girlies are so beautiful! Your family is an inspiration to many people - including me. That top picture should be titled "And this is what hope and faith look like!" Thanks for sharing!

:)De said...

Hope you are feeling better. Great post. I was just trying to explain to someone last week about what an honor it is to be entrusted with the opportunity to care for one of God’s precious flowers. People often tell my kids how blessed they are to have me as their Mama. I know that I/we are the blessed ones!

Peace,
:)De

JJ said...

David and I enjoyed your walk through memory lane this morning. These are the cutest 1st photos of your girls!

Thanks for continuing to share how you see God's hand in the life of your family. No flower should be judged before it blossoms...and no flower should be judged even then. God, our only Judge, creates flowers for His enjoyment that brighten our world, bring Him joy and glorify His name. If we were only able to see each one through His eyes, we would be able to appreciate the uniqueness of each one equally.

Christine said...

Your 3 blessings! What beautiful girls!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin