His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Cookie Decorators!

Christmas Cookie Decorating is very serious business around here.
We started a tradition about 30 years ago, with a special Dutch Cookie Recipe.
We were too poor for ornaments to hang on our tree, so we baked cookies
with hooks in them, and hung them!

One of my favorite memories was when our youngest Son, Marcus, found out the ornaments tasted really good! He licked all the ones he could reach, and we got ANTS~!
It was so funny seeing him bending over and licking those cookies, thinking nobody had seen him.

So the tradition has continued through the years, and now we have a new group of cookie decorators. :)





3 comments:

JJ said...

What fun!

Wish you did Facebook so you could see the things Daniel has done. He made and demolished a gingerbread house already!

Merry Christmas Minich family!

Hevel said...

Cookies and paper chains and walnuts painted gold were my favorite Christmas trees. Some beautiful cookies are being made by your girls!

Marco said...

I enjoy your blog - 'live in Canada and am of Dutch descent. You too? Are you willing to share your Dutch cookie recipe? They look great! Maria

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin