His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dutch Christmas Cookie

A boy and his cookie!



Marco asked for the Dutch Christmas Cookie Recipe.....

Here it is:

1 cup of butter softened
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of honey
2 TLB of Vinegar
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 eggs

Combine all ingredients and mix well until creamy.

Add:

1 TLB cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups of flour

stir together mixing well....

Separate in half, forming two logs and wrap in wax paper
Refrigerate for a few hours

Preheat oven to 350ยบ
flour surface and roll cookie dough out a little at a time.
cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet
Bake for about 10-12 minutes
(If using for cookie ornaments for tree, bake hooks into cookies by
placing hooks securely in dough before baking)

Let cool on wire racks....
When completely cooled, time for decorating!

Icing:
powdered sugar
milk
vanilla extract
cream of tarter
food coloring
sugar sprinkles of all kinds.....

Pour 3/4 cup of powered sugar into cup
add about 3 TLB of milk to start
add 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cream of tarter
stir, and add more milk to thin if needed
If it is too thin, add more sugar
Use food coloring liberally and stir....

Spoon icing onto your cookie, then top with favorite toppings
OR just enjoy the cookie with no toppings..... :)

This has been a fun tradition for us for many, many years!
It is an honor to share the recipe. :)

2 comments:

Marco said...

Thank you so much!
Maria (Marco's wife ... his username shows up but it's really me asking - LOL)

Mike and Christie said...

You are so welcome! I hope you use the recipe. It is really a fun one around here, and has been our tradition for over 30 years. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin