His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Churches, Locations, Involvement

This has been on my mind for a very long time. We moved about 40 minutes away from our church about 7 years ago.
When we were closer, we seemed to be much more involved, especially with mid week activities such as Awana.

As gas prices have increased, our church body has changed, our family has grown, our needs have changed and some of our ideas about interaction within the church body has changed, we are exploring the very tedios idea of finding a local body of believers in which we can share fellowship and be more involved.

We have been at our Present church since the mid 1990's. Maybe close to 14 years? I honestly can't remember. All I remember is that Marcus was in 6th grade, and he is now in grad school, married, and has 2 children. :)

Change is always hard. There would be those we miss terribly, and those we have had wonderful relationships with. But... we know that this move will also bring about blessing in our lives as we meet new believers, are able to fellowship in a local area and become more involved in our community.

We are weighing all these thoughts out in our hearts and would really appreciate any prayers offered on our behalf.

We are praying for wisdom, insight and that we make the right decision for our family.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Prayers going up. Based on the past 18 mo's of our talks, I understand. Having been in a similar situation, be prepared for the responses from those who will not understand should you make a change. I know you will go with God. whichever way He directs you.

Mike and Christie said...

We visited a local church today. It was shocking how many people we knew. LOL
Many were customers, many we knew from Home Schooling or were those who used to attend our church. This church is about 4 minutes from our house, and our girls attend VBS there every Summer. We were actually really pleased and pleasantly surprised with how comfortable we felt.

We will hold it up in prayer as we walk this path.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin