His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, August 23, 2009

All Dressed Up and NOWHERE to Go!

Our grand girls are supposed to start Public School tomorrow. My daughter in law received an email TONIGHT, the night before school starts, that they need shots updated and will not be allowed to attend school tomorrow.
They were registered over a week ago! I'm not sure why the school waited until the night before school to let them know! There are apparently new requirements for shots for kids to enter Kindergarten, and new shots required for Jr. High.

So tomorrow EARLY, they plan to be in line at the health department, so they can get the children into school before 10:00.

I looked online trying to see what was required, and I couldn't make heads nor tails of it. The wording was difficult to understand.

I was just at the health department 2 weeks ago with our girls to get shots updated. I wish we would have known and we could have taken care of the grand girls at the same time. :(

What is it with the shot-nazis?

4 comments:

Melissa E. said...

I don't know what it is with the shot-Nazis but I hope it isn't catching!

:)De said...

We are doing well-child and immunizations tomorrow for the little boys and Thursday for the girl. The boys will be fine, but the girl will need to be sedated before we leave home. LOL!

JJ said...

Hope everything went smoothly and that the grandgirls handled being late to school the 1st day. I cannot imagine schools having no grace period!

On the bright side, the grandgirls have a valid excuse for not knowing/understanding the rules. ;-))
JJ

The Noelles said...

Well, the grand girls are set to go to school tomorrow... Poor Lilly had to get 3 shots. She said she was "stabbed". LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin