His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kid Day

Yesterday we celebrated Kid Day. We decided there are so many dates to keep up with that July 15th every year is a celebration day of family. Unfortunately, this year we did not get to go swimming or to the lake. Anna head was attracted to the bunk bed on Wednesday night, so she can't swim for about 10 days. She has a neat little cut just above her right eyebrow. :)
Here she is with Miss Kittie Winkle.


Instead of swimming, the kids picked "The Parent Trap" to watch. We had popcorn and then a slumber party in our room.

5:30 a.m. for walking time came early. But.... Erika did my hair, so I was good to go when I woke up. She is learning how to do different kinds of braids. This is a herringbone braid.


Today Marcus, Ivy and Charlie go home from the hospital and the Minichs start the adventure of family life with a 2 year old and a new born. I know they will do just great. Big brother and small brother are thriving. Ivy says Charlie is eating well. :)

Today Sarah and I make the trek to the hospital for hand clinic. It is just a follow up visit, so we plan to make the best of our time together. :)
Sarah is reading her 19th Mandy book in 2 months. She loves Mandy books. :)

Anna is reading Gilbert Moore books. She just finished "The fiery Ring". She loves historical period books.

Erika is reading a dog book called Dragon, and just can't keep her eyes away from Hank the Cow Dog. :)

They have been busy putting on plays and skits with their animals, and Miss Kittie Winkle is a continuous source of humorous entertainment around here. She is a great cicatta hunter and we expect she'll be a fabulous mouser too. :)
When we walk out of the house she pounces on our feet. It really is quite funny. Mike said she is the happiest kitten he has ever seen. He has even taken to holding her here and there. I knew he was a softy towards her. :)


I have taken back to writing, and will be setting up a new web page specifically for my BCLC stuff. :)

We are having a great summer so far, and it is going to get really fun when our son, daughter in law and our 2 grand daughters Katie and Lillian come to stay with us for a few weeks, while they look for a new place to live. We need to get our other house sold, and it will be easier to sell and get ready if they come and visit us for a while.

The more the merrier. :) Extra kids for skits and plays. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin