His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, July 6, 2009

Relationship, Relationship, RELATIONSHIP

I was thinking about my week last week,about marriage, Christianity, raising boys, raising girls, daughter's in law, grand kids, maintaining friendships;just basic human contact which requires communication and relating.

Every single one of those categories, require "relationship". If I use the example of Christianity in my life to be my guide; God sought me out, I responded to Him, he turned me around, brings RELATIONSHIP, and continues to nurture and cause me to grow.

If I in turn do the same, learning from the example of Christ, the word RELATIONSHIP continues to blare in front of all other things.

I cannot successfully be married without a good relationship with my husband, interacting, finding things I like about him, listening to him, and doing things that please him and make him happy.

When I have a friendship, I want to be pleasant, kind, loving, giving. I enjoy the company of the one I am friend's with.

As I raise my children, I don't want a dictatorship, I want a relationship. Our relationships with our kids need to be reciprocol, just as our relationship with Christ is reciprocol.
"If you love me you will keep my commandments". This is very true. It can be read with a voice of trepidation, or it can be read with a soft loving tone.... I have heard it said, "because we love him, we WANT to keep His commandments".

In raising our kids, we find them in relationship, and therefore WANTING to obey and please us because they are returning that love.

Relationship, relationship RELATIONSHIP!

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin