His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Camp



Erika, Brittany and John. Mr. John to Erika. :)

We had a wonderful time at camp. I could kick myself for not getting more pictures. Brittany is Erika's friend that she really looks forward to seeing. John, used to make legs for Erika until he moved away. But camp is one of those special places you just can't get away from, so he showed up for a special visit. The girls loved seeing him.

This year, the kids divided up between boys and girls and did activities in groups. One of the really neat ones that we haven't done before was balancing the beam. It is a big log on a hinge and the kids walk on it and try to get it perfectly balanced. This takes a lot of volunteers to help because the kids have various needs, missing limbs or limb differences. They did a great job.

We had a cook from Louisiana who did a fanstastic job. I was able to eat grits in the morning as he was a "grit guy". :)

Erika made some new friends and got re aquainted with old friends. Overall it was a wonderful week. The slide show was great too. I'm going to try and get some pictures from there to put on the blog.

We had a GREAT time dancing, playing games and interacting with a lot of really special families. It is a place where limb difference is normal and nobody thinks anything about a bunch of legs piled around the pool while the kids swim.

Scottish Rite Hospital has been such a blessing in our lives. There are links on my side bar for Scottish Rite Hosptial and for Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children.
I cannot say enough about these organizations and the WONDERFUL people who make our lives so rich with love. They really help make our lives easier, when circumstances could have made them nearly impossible to navigate.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!

Both Scottish Rite Hospital and Peaceable Kingdom are 5013c organizations and donations are tax deductible.

Erika talking to Daddy on the phone.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin