His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, November 12, 2009

In Memory of Our Dad



Our dear sweet dad slipped into eternity today, while we held his hands. It was such a priveledge to be there and and honor to touch his hands one last time and speak words of love to him before he died.
I will write more tomorrow. But this is how I want to remember Grampa. :)

8 comments:

Diana said...

(((BIG HUGS))) and tears, too. Even when you know where they are and there is peace, saying goodbye still bites. :-(. So glad you were able to be there with him in his final moments of mortality, though. What sweet, precious memories you have to look back on and cherish.

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you Diana.

JJ said...

My prayers have SO been with you and Mike today, CM. I felt in my spirit that this was the case. You were wise to listen to your urging to go see your FIL! How awesome that you got a degree of closure by just being with him. May God wrap his HUGE arms of love around your family in comfort, in Jesus name!

Hevel said...

Words sound so empty at times like this. My thoughts and prayers are qith you and your family and if there is anything a virtual stranger can do for you from a couple thousand miles away, please let me know!

Melissa E. said...

It is impossible not to think of the vibrancy of the new life he has "slipped" into. I thank God for the hope of seeing family again someday and rejoice that he has "saved the best wine for last" as far as replacing this current life with a life that will be far better!

Still, Christie, I am sorry for you because I know how you are missing your dad. I know he has been so special to you. Who can explain how grief and joy can be so inextricably woven together?

Praying for you.

Tony and Dawn said...

Sorry for your loss...

tigerdeus said...

Big ((((((()))))))s. I am so thrilled for him, completely free of pain and finally seeing our Savior face to face, and so sad for you missing him. What a blessing that you were able to see him one last time, and to hold his hands and speak to him. My grandfather went Home a few months ago, me holding his left hand and Mom holding his right. You are right--it is a privilege and honor. I will be praying for your family.

Sarah

Elayne said...

Oh Christie~ just to hear his voice.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin