His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Fun Visit

Our friends from the East Coast visited us yesterday. They left early this a.m. to continue their Thanksgiving Trek. We are so glad they could stop by for a visit on the way, and we could offer respite to the weary travelers. :)

The girls had a great time visiting with Daniel once again, and were right in play mode as soon as he arrived. We had a nice dinner of Tilapia, cucumber tomato salad, broccoli, and rice.
The girls went to Sprouts and the guys headed to Frys. LOL


It is so very special to have a friend to connect with in many ways. Our lives are touched by similar experiences and we both love to share and talk about our Lord with each other.
JJ has been a tremendous encouragement to me and I am thankful for her's and David's friendship. While I am sorry they moved away, they moved to a very strategic place, which could cause us to need to go on a vacation there quite soon.:)

What a great treat. Here are a couple of pictures of our visit. And yes, I did just wake up in the morning. :)



1 comment:

JJ said...

Thanks, Christie! I am counting down the days until you cross the Mississippi River, lol.

We are safely in OK with my precious MIL, who is healing from recently breaking her hip! Once again, I will have the honor of cleaning her home and cooking for her Thanksgiving guests. After this "vacation", I WILL need some rest, lol!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin