His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, July 26, 2008

School or School? Part 2

Well,
Mike and I have had some talks, and come to the conclusion that we are already doing the right thing. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" came to mind, after a friend mentioned it to me.

I really like that phrase. It makes so much sense.

The girls are not cookie cutter children. If I were to put them into school, I don't know that I'd get much rest anyway. I'm already exhausted just from the few conversations I have had about what it will require to get the right services and placements. Then, the politics, and then of course I'd want to volunteer etc.

I'm having dejavu' flash backs of when the boys went to school.

Thanks too Melissa for making me look at what I was saying. I don't have time to be tired. If I'm tired, I need to take my iron like I'm supposed to be doing. :)

So, it is time to get lesson plan's going for next year. Erika and I go to camp next week and then it will be time to buckle down and finish our plans.

Thanks so much for all of you who have prayed and made me think.

8 comments:

mommajeane said...

Hi Christie,

I have been gone visiting my daughter and read your frua post while there... I was wondering what led you to that but ever year at this time my husband and I too go thru the question and seeking what should we do about school this year?... I had to smile at your blog post today... I will pray for you all and ask for prayers for us as well as we need to discerns the Lord's will for our children and then trust in His provision of time, finances and ability to do what we are called to ... Have a great week at camp.

Mike and Christie said...

Mommajeane,

We need to get the pen pal thing going again!

The girls really liked it.

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you so much for praying for us and we will hold you in our prayers also!

Camp is gonna be fun!

Anna asked last week, "Is there a camp for kids with all their arms and legs?" :)

Michelle said...

I'm glad you are at peace with your decision. I sometimes consider this too, but I tell you what... when my Luke was in school I was more tired and stressed than I am trying to school him myself. :) IEP meetings and all the other mess that comes along just wore me out emotionally. I will remember to pray for you as you strive to school your girls in the best way. :)
remain blessed...

Mike and Christie said...

Michelle, I think I started remembering what we went through with the boys. 3 out of 4 had IEP's. It was exhausting.
It is easier to do it yourself.:)

jen said...

I didn't want to comment because you don't even know me and I just started reading your blog. I will say it now though, you made the right choice. When I put my gang in school things fell apart around here. I am trying to bring them home one at a time.

And yes, putting them in school is exhausting in a different way. Homework at night, conferences, making lunches, noone to help with chores at home.

I do not criticize putting kids in school. It works great for some people. It just did not work for me.

God bless,
jen

Anonymous said...

Glad you found peace. Perhaps this experience has shown that you are open to hear God should He desire to speak something new into your life.

What an honor that you let us have a glimpse into your spiritual journeys this side of Heaven!

JJ

Dan & Michelle said...

Sounds like you all made the right decision.

We are only getting started (2nd yr of homeschooling) and with the possibility of having 3 more kids soon, public school runs through my head. But as others have posted it is not easier (or not for us anyway). We too went through so much with IEP meetings for DS and still not getting his needs met. Then we will have Yana's needs and that of any other children we bring home. And homework YUCK!!!! It is so much more work and more stress. At least I can be close to me kids and love them through the difficulties when they are home, we can, at any time, stop, pray, and try again.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin