His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Miracles



You know, there is a time to talk about Miracles. REAL Miracles. For me, the time is now, as it is on my heart.

Just a little over 4 years ago, Mike and I were near empty nesters. Our last son was in college and had moved home to save for marriage.

Then came our Anna. A little girl who had been in the foster care system. She brightened our lives and through her simple little prayer of wanting a sister, drew us into a whole new world of girls, adoption, private adoption because of disruption, international adoption, early childhood trauma, attachement disorder, reactive attachment disorder, post traumatic stress, restrictive band syndrome, arthrogryposis, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, bilateral foot amputation, hip surgery, boney overgrowth surgery, hand surgery,knee surgery, therapy, Ukraine ministry, the plight of orphans in the world, Russian, Home education again, Out on a Limb Camp, and much, much, much more.

IN ALL OF THAT..... numerous miracles took place in our lives. Engergy for one. :)

But seriously, introducing the gospel of Jesus Christ, the fact that we are born "dead", but are only truly alive in Christ Jesus, to an international child is an amazing experience.
I remember the first time that Erika watched The Gospel of John on DVD (the word for word put to video) she had just been speaking english a few months so her understanding was limited. But we were able to communicate with her the basics. She saw that they were putting Jesus Christ on Trial, being mean to him, and then crucifying the one she knew we loved. This look of perplexed, mournful sadness overcame her and she began to weep.

"Why did they do that to him? WHY?"

We began to explain that God KNEW His son would be crucified for our sins. That BECAUSE of what He did for us, we can now live. A little light turned on in her heart.
She had been exposed to the gospel with Papa Dima in Ukraine, but there were parts she didn't yet understand. Some of these things are hard to grasp even for adults.

Yet, she DID grasp it, and about a week later, trusted Jesus Christ, with full understanding for her salvation.

It is a miracle. It is THE miracle, of going from Death to life.

Why do I post a picture of her standing at the table without feet?

Because some would see that a real miracle would be for God to give her new feet.
Indeed, that would be an amazing miracle, and I truly believe GOD COULD, if he so chose.
BUT what many of us fail to see, is the real miracle of being RAISED FROM THE DEAD.
Erika is ALIVE in Christ. New feet wouldn't make her alive in Christ, but a renewed SPIRIT does.

Each of our girlies have gone through the same process of understanding, and each have received Jesus Christ as their savior. And we truly praise the Lord for that.
Because with HIM, all those beginning things I wrote about above, would be the things that took over their lives.
Instead, the LORD has taken over, and those things are fading, faded, and many times just gone.
Their old lives are just a shadow of their new lives. Their new lives are exciting!
They are full of life. They are ALIVE.

Oh, rejoice with me, as I have witnessed so many miracles in their little lives. The miracles of forgiveness; forgiveness of those who hurt them, abandoned them, harmed them, rejected them; just as we had rejected Christ, hurt Him, abandoned HIM.
For THOUGH WE WERE YET SINNER'S, CHRIST DIED FOR US.....

On August 31,2008, Erika will be baptized. She will make a public profession that Jesus Christ is her Lord, Her Savior, Her King, Her All!

And, I am so very HAPPY, that we get to be a part her life.

6 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

Erika and I are leaving in the moring for Out on a Limb camp. We will be back on Friday. Please pray for us as we visit with other families who have children with multiple limb loss,and also pray for Mike and the other girlies that they will have a really real special time together.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah for the testimony...and have a wonderful time!!!

JJ-

Michelle said...

Praying for camp... and also wanted to say, that YOU need to write a book! I'm serious. You have quite a story to tell, to His glory! And you tell it well. :)

living4him5 said...

What a beautiful testimony. We'll be praying for safe travels and good times!

Blessings,
Amy

Annie said...

Beautiful story. I hope I can look back to your story sometime, as our "empty nest" likewise took on new life - and that is a miracle in itself.

bandgeekrox said...

I finally have a blog! here it is
http://bandgeekfunasia.blogspot.com/

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin