His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Mike

You know, I have always called Mike, (since we were married) My Mike.
I told him one time, now I won't call you "Mike, but "My Mike".

And he is..... :)

I just wanted to say how very much I love him. He is a wonderful, husband and father.
Tonight, he took Anna with him to a distant part of Texas to get a trailer. Then, he took her to dinner. She was so excited to spend "alone time" with dad. :)

I love to spend "alone time " with dad, which is rare, but we savor the times we do have.

Our anniversary is coming up, and we have a kid volunteer to babysit; one of the older kids... and I am going to take them up on it for sure.

Now, to think... What should we do?
Our real celebration will come in September when we leave on our missions trip.
But, on our anniversary weekend..... we will take advantage of the generous invitation to go out on a REAL date. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations to you and Mike!! Enjoy that date, when you get it. :)

I wanted you to know that reading your blog has really opened my heart to possibly seek a child with limb issues. I know we don't go to Ukraine "looking" for any specific thing, but I can't help but wonder if there is a child there who is being passed over for such a reason. Your girls are beautiful and your happy family is a wonderful testimony! I can see how blessed you are by your daughters.

You once emailed me but I have since lost it, ah, such is life when homeschooling and adopting and all else. If you would not mind discussing what is involved re insurance, etc, once these children are home, I appreciate it. teachermommy at mi-connection dot com

thanks :) blessing!

Christine said...

I'm sure that wherever you go it will be very nice. Enjoy yourselves, you two lovebirds. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin