His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Humility vs. Humiliation

When we talk about being humbled, there is a big difference between being "humbled" and being "humiliated". One denotes positive spiritual awareness, where a person is humbled before the Lord, made aware of sin, and then there is a repentance.

Humiliation on the other hand, is demeaning, exposing, damaging. When a person is humiliated, sin may be exposed, but not in a loving manner. More in an accusatory manner.
Satan Humiliates
The Lord Humbles

Satan Accuses

The Lord Guides.
He is not on the opposite side pointing the finger. On the other hand he is reaching out , to guide us on the path.
It is so important with our children to be that guiding light that places their hand into the reaching hand of the Lord. Especially in times when they need that humbling presence.

This a.m. our Anna had one of those moments. She was being rather snotty. I had her come and sit by me for a while and she did, but with that "I don't care attitude" that can push those "oh so active buttons" on a mom.

I took her over to the computer and played Kelly Willard's newest song "Humbe Me".
I didn't say anything, but she joined in with singing the song.
The words are:

Humble Me, Humble Me
Take my life, let it be
Pleasing only Lord to thee
Humble Me

I am proud, I am hard,
Lord my heart is torn and scarred
Lay your hand upon my life
And Humble me.

Humble me
When you see me swiftly straying
Draw me near that I may hear
Your Spirit saying
Come to me, Come to me
For I long to see you free
I know your heart
I love you still
So come to Me
(words and music by Kelly Willard)

After we finished singing, there were little tears coming from my precious
Anna. She whispered, "I prayed mom."

Isn't the Lord just so tender~ and sweet!

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin