His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, January 7, 2008

Set On Fire

So many great things have happened in the last week in my heart. I was a little discouraged during the Christmas Holiday time. Though I was having fun and enjoying the season, there was this continual tug on my heart to remember, remember, remember.

Remember where your heart truly is. While we haven't forgotten, it seems too out of reach and far away, and yet at our age, We should know better. After all, adopting children, going to Ukraine to get one, seemed "too out of reach and far away". But we serve a mighty God, full of ways and means to get things to happen. And it usually starts with just a dim spark. Sometimes that spark turns into an ember buried in ash, nobody knows it is there....

Our spark has been buried in the ash of general life, work, business, laundry, the pursuit of orderliness, cleanliness, books, Dr. appt's., grand kids, and that doesn't even touch the surface of distraction. It is embarrassing how long the list can be.

But that burning ember, is there. It still calls and we know that we can rest that in God's time, things will happen. But that doesn't take the responsibility away of getting ready and being prepared.

It seems that this year we have gone the other direction. Sort of like trying to go on a diet and gaining weight instead, and then realizing once again, that the diet has to start now, and we're just that much further away from the goal.

So, we can cry and complain about how awful we are and how things will never happen, or we can get on our knees and repent and begin the process of working towards the Mark that God has placed in our hearts, partnering with the creator on HIS WILL.

I think we'll choose the latter.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin