His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More Reflections

When I was a young girl, I remember listening to our Sunday School teacher ask us, "Don't you just wish the Lord would return today?"

Now here I was a 14 year old professed believer, and in my heart I was thinking NO. I haven't gotten married yet? I've never kissed a boy! And.... we are going to Disney
Land in just 2 more weeks!

I was obviously thinking as a child. I shared with my Sunday School teacher my concerns and he so sweetly did not laugh at me.

Looking back on my youthful foolishness is sometimes humorous and sometimes sad. My focus on me. A selfish teenager.

C.S. Lewis once said, "Pain is the megaphone to rouse a deaf world". If that is true, which I believe that many times it is, God must have thought I was stone cold deaf!

But looking back, I am thankful for that chisel of pain the master has used in my life to shape me into his image. I am certainly not "there" yet, but I no longer long for the things of this world, as I did when I was a teen. Do I have my eyes completely fixed upon my savior? Sadly,no. I get distracted by the ways of this world, daily life, business, fear, taxes, and then......
there is that gentle intervention; HE calls me......
"I AM HERE!" "I AM".

He brings me to my knees. He causes me to remember, who I really am, why I am really here. I am not my own. I am not here for me.

I came across another Kelly Willard Song and thought the words were so appropriate:
This is my prayer today:

BEAUTIFUL JESUS

Wounds that bled for my forgiveness
Infinite Love, Beautiful Jesus

Precious fragrance Smile of Mercy
Intimate friend, Beautiful Jesus

Now I see Through a darkened window
But one day soon
All will be revealed, And I'll finally behold my groom

Dancing eyes are piercing through me
Melting my soul, beautiful Jesus
Opening my heart so gently Merciful touch
Beautiful Jesus

Now I know Only glimpses of a perfect face
And a greater loveliness than my searching heart has
ever known

Beautiful wonderful lovely are you
Rose of Sharon Rose of Sharon
you are the Rose of Sharon

(and I would add)
And a greater loveliness than my searching heart has ever known.

1 comment:

Steve said...

HaHa! I think we all think that way as kids! I know I did!
Melissa E.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin