His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, January 18, 2008

Our Journey Update



We have been having such a great time with our girls, and it is hard to beleive that in just a little over 4 months, it will have been 2 years since Erika joined our family.

I was thinking about that as she was playing a fast game of backgammon with dad before breakfast this a.m. She proudly said that she had made my bed, and also wanted to go out to the shoppe for dad's thermos to fill it with hot coffee for him. She needed to get on a coat and the only one out was the one she handed down to Sarah. YES! Handed down! We had brought this coat with us to Ukraine for her to wear and it fit her nicely. Now, she tried it on and the sleeves were half way up her forearms and the bottom was up to her upper hips! She started to laugh! Look at this, I'm a woman!
I've grown into a woman! :)

Oh my she has grown in so many different ways, spiritually, emotionally, physically, intellectually....

For those of you just glimpsing at this blog, our entire journey to Ukraine is in the archives. Our very first post. It is a collection of emails sent to family while we were gone and until we came home.

I can't believe this beautiful, sweet girl, who was doomed to spend the rest of her life in a mental institution has become our precious joyful sweet daughter. Such a gift from the Lord to two very undeserving parents. This experience has been the embodiment of grace.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin