His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back Troubles

This blog would not be complete without a complaint about my back. Right now, it is hurting so badly that I wish I could just take something and go lay down in a cold room with lots of blankets and sleep it away. I can't. I need to stay busy. I need to stay happy. I need to work it so that it doesn't keep getting worse.

The problem is, IT IS getting worse. It doesn't seem to matter what I do. I can rest it, relax it, take drugs for it, massage it, x ray it, not lift with it, lift with it, cry about it, laugh about it, and it is still with me. I can't see it, it is behind me, but I sure can feel that it is there.

I have so many things in my mind that I really, really want to do, but when I go to do them, my back screams at me.
Sometimes it is a low whine. Sometimes it is a boring, dull ache that says noooo, and sometimes it is a shrill scream that says, WHOA! Don't do that again!!!! Sometimes it scrunches up and I have to run for a chair. Sometimes it refuses to let me get off of the floor after playing with the kids. Sometimes it feels like a lit fire and it warms my feet for me. Sometimes it won't let me drive, or turn my head to look at something pretty. Sometimes, it leaves me alone and I have a day to smell the flowers.
However, those days are getting more and more rare.

It is garden planting time. One of my favorite times of year. I went outside and saw the wood pile that needs moved to plant the garden, and went back in. My back was still smarting from loading the dish washer. If I try to move wood, I might have to lay down for a while. If I lay down, I can't get the floor scrubbed or finish the laundry. If I scrub the floor and finish the laundry, I will have to lay down anyway, so I may as well do as much as possible and then lay down.

So what now.... ???

I guess nothing. I can spend big bucks on more x rays to find out what I already know. There really isn't anything to be done.
I can park closer at stores because of a handicapped bumper sticker. I can park farther away because it is good to walk.
I can lay on my back and feel sorry for myself, or I can lay on my back and spend my time wisely, praying for others, praying for our missionaries, praying for the Lord to teach me to be content in whatever state I am in.
The problem though sometimes is complicated when other's are not content with the state that I am in. They need me to do more than I can do. Then I start to dwell on what I can't do, knowing I am making them unhappy and dissatisfied and then it is hard to do what I can do.
It turns into a cycle of sadness sometimes. I have to fight it. FIGHT IT!

So now, I must do what I know I can do.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin