His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, May 24, 2007

FARMER ANNA


Today Anna and I drove the sheep to Trenton to be turned into food. She has gotten used to the trip, and enjoys going. She has really turned into a farmer. :)

Today, as we were driving, it seems that we were noticing lots of new housing developments popping up where there used to be corn and wheat fields. It is progress, I guess, but also sad. It seems to way of life that we so love is giving way to "city folks" who want to be country folks, without the country. Meaning, they like having space between their homes, but instead of cows, sheep or goats, there are big fancy swimming pools and rec rooms instead of barns. Then, those very people who encroached on our way of life, turn around and snub thier noses at us "low class farmer types" and start to demand that those smelly animals be moved to where they belong! The country!!
Well hello! We WERE the country, until YOU moved here!
Not that I'm venting or anything..... but, it is getting harder and harder to keep a precious way of life safe.

Back to Anna.

She asked the question. How Long before we will have to get rid of our animals? I told her I didn't know, but my guess was, not too long. She proteseted, WE HAVE to have animals! I can't LIVE WITHOUT animals! :) She is a good animal keeper, I must say. She takes great care of them. I do not have to remind her to feed them or spend time with them.

So, what does she do? What any farmer would do. All the way to Trenton, she was looking at property and for sale signs.
She kept saying, "There's a good place! Look at that barn!" "That one has a pond!"

I think she has the farmer bug. I'm so proud of her. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin