His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, May 19, 2007

I WON'T BE WEARING MY LEGS TODAY

Last night when I was putting Erika to bed, she said, I'm not going to be wearing my legs tomorrow. I couldn't really get an answer from her as to why. She isn't in any pain, she likes them, she just decided to leave them off.

Wouldn't it be nice if your feet hurt, to just, take them off? Or if you wanted to laze around for the day, just, remove your legs so nobody would expect anything from you, except that you could sit on the couch and knit?

Well, this a.m., she said again, "I won't be wearing my legs today." Hmmm. Now, I figured last night, she was just tired. But this a.m.? There are places to go, people to see, things to do. So I asked her, "did anybody say anything to you about your legs? No. Did your legs hurt you yesterday? no. Are you mad at your legs? No.

Then, I asked, are you worried about surgery? BINGO! Tears started flowing. I'm going to be in a CAST for 8 WEEKS!!!!
I won't be able to move or get around! That isn't totally true. You will be in a wheel chair and can roll around, albiet from a laying position, but get around YES.
So my question was, "so why are you punishing yourself by not getting around now?" Smile. I dunno.

If she decides to wear her legs, I'll be happy. If she doesn't, my back will be sad.
We'll get through the day together.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin