His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Moving On From Loss

This has been a tough week.

We have had a lot of loss, but we trust that the Lord is Good.
We had two baby goats born a few days ago, and both of them died not long after birth.
It was so very sad. The mama would not care for them, and we tried, but there was definitely something wrong.
Then, our little kitty, (I have known she was having either kidney or liver problems)
was just not growing. She stayed the same as a two week old, and last night, she died.
There have been questions about kittens and heaven.
Are there animals in heaven? I believe there are. (so there is my picture of kitty in heaven)
What a LOT to deal with!
The girls have shed their tears, and I was most concerned about Sarah. She tends to just brush things off. Not this time. She really cried, and was comforted by our talks and snuggles.

We found out yesterday, that all of our neighbors lost baby goats and adult goats over the last 2 weeks. One neighbor lost 15 babies and some adults. The other neighbor lost all her adult goats.
We are not sure what caused it, but it was very swift.

I was talking to the girls about disaster striking and how many times people blame God, not seeing the blessings before them, or the peaceful blessings from the past. People tend to forget to thank Him for the many wonderful things he provides for our lives. So we thanked Him for the goats we still have, and that we are all healthy and have a home to live in.

We also talked about what we can do to get prepared for our next step in animal adventures.
We will be waiting for a while, and investigating different "hearty" breeds of dog.
Some time in the next few months, there may be a picture of a puppy around here. :)

5 comments:

Chiara Elena said...

Oh no, I've just asked Anna to post a picture of the twins! Gee I hope I haven't made things even worst. Please excuse me!

JJ said...

{{Hugs}} to you all, Christie. I am so sad and grieve these losses along side of your family! May God touch each of your hearts with His love and wrap His loving arms around you.

In this season of darkness, I have to believe the emotional healing of your girls will shine brightly. May this thought console you and Mike, as you console the girls during this time of great sadness.

Jodie said...

I am truly sorry for your loss. Please let the girlies know. I can't imagine how this must feel, but I pray that God will help all of you through this heartbreaking time.

Diana said...

Oh, nuts! This is a big fat bummer post :-(. I'm sorry you're having to deal with all these losses all at once. That's very, very stinky.

I do believe you are correct that there will be kitties and goats in Heaven. After all, would it really be heaven if those we love are missing, no matter how many legs or how much fur they have?

Christine said...

I am sorry. :(

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin