His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Erika and Daddy


Ever since Erika and Daddy set eyes on each other, it has been one of those sweet, sweet stories of a daughter and her daddy.

It is hard to put into words how special they are to me, and to each other.
There is really something special about the unconditional love that Mike showers on each of the girls, that makes him so very special. He has taught me a lot in the area of just accepting how things are and working with each child in a different way.

This weekend is family camp reunion from Summer camp. Usually up to 5 people can attend, but this year the maximum was 4, which would have left one of the girls out. We didn't want to do that, so we decided that it would be great for Erika and Dad to go together, and I would stay home with the girlies and do something else special.

Mike has a busy day every day running an auto shoppe, and it is really hard for him to get away, but he made it! He and Erika took off yesterday afternoon. They share the same likes in Christian Music, so as they were leaving , Erika shouted out the window, "We are going to rock and roll all the way to camp!" LOL

The one question I had this a.m. when he called was, "Did the morning ritual take place?"
It did. :)
The morning ritual is that Erika puts on her legs, gets the straps nice and tight, and then comes out for breakfast and asks daddy to tighten them because he is the only one who can get them just right. :)
It is an early morning "I love you" ritual.

What thrills my heart most, is that these little times are memory makers for our children that they will carry with them the rest of their lives.
I'm so glad they got this time together. :)

5 comments:

Hevel said...

Just saying that your entry made me smile.

Chiara Elena said...

I had something special with my dad too, his tomato sauce, no tomato sauce was like daddy's one...

Erika Minich said...

Thanks Mom. I had lots of fun with dad. we rocked and rolled all the way there. I love you.
Erika

mommajeane said...

Did you notice that you have the picture of your father-in-law hanging just over Mike's back.. how perfect is that? ... from everything you have shared about your father-in-law this is so fitting that he is right there in this picture too.

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks all. :)
Jeane, I didn't notice it until I posted it on the blog, and then I thought the same thing you did.
How perfect.
I know Dad would be proud of his son. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin