His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, November 2, 2007

What Is OUR Purpose in Life Here

I have been pondering this after a few discussions that Mike and I have had. What IS our purpose here? Is it to be happy, have a cool family, live morally, die and go to Heaven? No. It can be so much more.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my family. But there is LIFE in Christ, that INCLUDES family and includes ministry and includes work.

Our lives SHOULD reflect and glorify God. Is what we do, here on Earth for ourselves, or is it in honor and love for our Lord Jesus Christ?

Every time I look at an orphanage slide show, there is something down inside that tells me, that is where I should be, that is where WE should be serving. Living out James 1:27.

This a.m. I witinessed our "Christian" neighbor, be so rude and mean to another neighbor who's cow jumped over the fence. I saw her so worked up over a cow, and thought, oh my, what would happen if we got that worked up over sin. Sin in our own lives. Sin that causes little children to be abandoned, neglected and abused?

Then I looked at myself. I can get myself worked up over things too. Oh that I would spend that energy more wisely, to pursue holiness, to pursue a life dedicated to my Lord and Savior, to pursure James 1:27 and be its embodiment. Oh Lord help me to prioritize. Help me to guided by your Holy Spirit in my every day existence.
Amen.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

It's interesting that you frequently address the orphanage issue (after all you have been their literally with your daughters). I have always(since I was about 15 years old) had a burden for being involved with an orphanage either through working in one,creating one in th U.S. or directig one, etc. I have had such a burden for starting a home that involves children,land,and the care and nurturing of unwanted/unneeded animals. I don't know if it is God's will as of this moment, and I am praying for direction. Love, Jodie

christie said...

Jodie,
Are you thinking about Fostering possibly?

Jodie said...

Yes, fostering! adopting! However, we are in a severe financial crisis and praying for an end to it! So, we are praying for God's will and timing in this.
Can't wait!

christie said...

Oh Horray!!!!!

God Will Make A Way! :)

Love,
Christie

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin