His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


What a whirlwind of a trip! We celebrated Thanksgiving in Phoenix with Mike's brother's family and Sister's family, and all thier friends, and more of our extended family. We had a wonderful time, just wish it could have been longer.
When we left Dallas it was about 83. We rushed, all day getting as ready as we could be; my fault for not being ready the day before, which set the pace for the beginning of our trip as "stressed". I should have known better!

Before long, there were little rumblings of bickers coming from the back seat. "She's looking at me!" "Her pillow is touching my pillow!" I was starting to long for the days when putting the kids in the back of a pickup camper was legal. :)

After about an hour and a half, we pulled over and said, "This must stop." We moved one child up front with us, and we kept it that way all the way there and all the way home.
It made for a great time in the car and at while visiting in Phoenix. The kids had a wonderful time and so did we.

It was really neat to meet new people and of course all of the relatives. I loved seeing all the little cousins together and noticed Anna and James seemed to hit it off with their love of reptiles and spiders.

Sarah loved being with Lindsey and little Emily and I think they especially enjoyed playing follow the leader in the Creek.

Erika enjoyed spending time with Katie and Melanie, and playing Backgammon with Grampa.
The biggest treat for Anna was being able to lead a Llama around by a leash and help take care of it.

Ever since her LLAMA experience it has been "when can we get a LLama!" Yikes.... Do they SPIT? I Dunno.

We are home now, I have gotten past the collapsed from exhaustion experience and we are now working on the Christmas tree and planning for the Christmas Holiday.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin