His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

School Days


Being a public school mom and home school mom,
as well as preparing gluten a gluten free breakfast and lunch and gluten filled breakfast and lunch, makes for a schizophrenic morning . Packing lunches, making breakfast, doing devotions..... all before 8:00.

Anna struggles when things are not perfectly on time.  We started 5 minutes late and it threw her off.
She had plenty of time, but her body and mind were acting as though she was going to be terribly late.
We got her settled and ready to go, packed her some extra protein, as she is coming home too hungry, and then, lightened up the atmosphere.  She was ready to leave, kissed everybody goodbye and then;
walking out the door,  she banged her sensitive knee and wound up in a pile of tears.
"I'll take you to school honey.... let's pull ourselves together! It's a great day to be part of the RAIDER Nation! Right?"
She shook her head no..... and tears streamed down her eyes. 
I told her I'd take her to school and she'd be there earlier than if she took the bus.  She calmed down, and we headed out.
On the way, I told her I had to change hats to a PS mom...I pretended to change my hat and  said, "Have a beautiful, successful day and don't forget to make good choices!"
To which she burst out laughing.
Always want to see her sweet face smiling before we part for the day!

Praying she has a great day today! 

1 comment:

Aus said...

So how did she come home? In a superior mood I'm guessing - mom's have that effect on kids! ;)

hugs - aus and co.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin