His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, October 21, 2013

My Dabba


My other mom, Dabba, will be 93 on November 2nd.  She was born in 1920.  I talked to her on the phone last night and said, "I can't believe you are almost 93!"  She said, "I know I am.... and I feel every bit of it!" LOL 
Apparently she had a fall and was bruised up a bit.  But she is on the mend.  I so wish we lived closer together.  She is so far away.

We talk every now and then, but mostly communicate through email.  The last email I sent didn't get a response, so I emailed again.  Then my daughter in law emailed me and said, "Have you heard from her?"
I contacted my nephew and he handn't heard either and we were all about to get really worried.
I was so glad to hear her voice when I called her on the phone!

My nephew affectionately said, she is like a robot! :) 

It is amazing how much has changed since 1920.  She went through the Roaring 20's, the Great Depression, World War 2, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Cold War and she was right in the middle of the first Gulf War, living in Israel, working at a Special Needs orphanage. 
She said the sirens would go off because of incoming scud missiles and by the time they got all the children into the shelter, the all clear would go off and then they'd start all over again!

Our oldest son Chuck and his friend went to Israel while she was there to stay for the summer. That was a memorable time for him and for her. :)

She also managed to raise 6 children after her precious husband died, and also raised her grand son.


My Dabba lived in NM for a while also.  We lived together when the boys were little and both worked part time jobs. She helped me in a great time of need.  She is a wonderful mother,  grand mother and  great grandmother and I cannot say enough about how wonderful she is, inside and out.

I pray that I get to see her once again before she is off on a new heavenly adventure! If not, I know I'll see her there. :)
In the mean time..... since she no longer has access to email, it will be snail mail and phone calls.

I love my Dabba. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin