His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Washing Machine Woes Or....

How To Spend A Zillion Bucks At The Laundry Mat!


The Washing machine and I have a love hate relationship. I love it when it works and hate it when it doesn't. This week, I hate it.

It is broken yet again. It is only 9 years old so I really don't get why it is so tired. Although DH did pull two dollars and 56 cents in change and a guitar pick out of the water pump last year.

Well, I had several loads of laundry to do, because I kept doing the same load over because it wasn't spinning right and the laundry was too wet. It finally died and refused to spin any more. It wasn't a burned wire like last month. It was the motor.

So, since we are going camping this weekend and need clothes to wear, and I do not like going on vacation without a clean house, we took a lovely field trip to the laundry mat.
Do you know how hard it is to find one of those babies? They aren't very popular around here. We had to drive quite a ways and the place was pretty decent. But a load of laundry was between 1.00 and 1.50, depending upon the pre-soak choice.

The dryers were 25cents for a 10 minutes. Then you had to pay again. Of course it was about 75cents to a dollar by the time we were done drying.

The grand total was 14.50!

I have been directed to look at LG washing machines. So far consumer reports are great. The prices are a little steep, but if you consider how much laundry mats cost, they are cheap.

4 comments:

Melissa E. said...

I've heard glowing reports about the whirlpool duets. I have my eye on that setup at some point...

katie said...

I know exactly how you feel. My mom and I used to go to the laundry mat in the apartment complex a few years ago.....we had to use a card to do laundry. And load it with money once
a week:)

Emily Minich said...

Have you checked on Craigslist? You'll find a cheap washer that is still working. Loves.

Christine said...

Ugh. Knock on wood, I've never had to go to the laundry mat to do my family's laundry.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin