His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, August 20, 2007

Kids Learning English



Kids Learning English can be such a fun experience and a Funny experience.

I remember when Sarah had been with us for about a year and was starting to use "phrases" that she thought she understood. One time in the grocery store, she cheerily looked at me and said, "Mommy, You make me sick!" with a big smile on her face.
When she saw the look on mine, her countenance fell and she when I asked her "what did you say?" She said, "oh I don't think you'll want me to repeat that one." LOL
So I explained to her what it meant, and she was horrified. :)

Fast forward to Erika. I was putting her on the bedpan, which made it even funnier.

She said, "I'm just crapping all the time!" I looked stunned! I said what? She said, I crap alot! I asked her, "where did you hear that?" I then realized she had a very puzzled look on her face. I asked her what she meant. She pointed to her wrist and neck and said, You know "crap". Ahhhh, that is CRACK dear. She pops and cracks alot.
That was a good laugh!

We were sitting at the donut shoppe waiting for Daddy to come out with kolaches.
I saw a man walking by with an Australian Shepherd. We have been looking at dogs, and one of the kinds we have been looking at is an Australian Shepherd. I said to Erika, "Look! there goes an Australian Shepherd!" She replied, "Oh! And he has a dog!" I nearly spit out my coffee. :)

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Thanks for writing this.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin