His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Past Week


Whew! It has been a whilwind of a week and a half. Erika and I left for the hospital on August8, leaving Anna and Sarah in the good hands of Daddy and Uncle Bob.

August 9 was surgery day and Mike came up to spend the day with me so I wouldn't have to sit alone. I wasn't able to be alone this time. I was alone when Tim had a similar surgery and I didn't want to experience that again.

Erika came through the surgery well, but lost a lot of blood. She was in terrible pain for about 3 days. Just a slight movement of her pillow or a bump on her bed and she would go through the roof in pain. Poor baby. It is so hard to see them suffer like this.
She also had a hard time with oxygen saturation and needed to get blood. We now know that she is O positive. A universal donar!

She was able to come off the oxygen on August 14. We came home that night, after she spent about 12 hours on room air.

I just love kids. She went to the child life room and after playing a few games turned and said, "I just love this hospital, it is so nice".

We are so fortunate to have so many friends too. 3 fellows from the prosthetic department stopped to see her and make sure she was ok.

The Folks from Peaceable Kingdom camp called twice to check on her and sent a camp bag for her.

Her Sunday School teachers stopped by, as did one of our Elder's and His wife. Stand and Berny Schultz. How sweet.

Plus numerous calls and well wishes. She HAS to get better and walk soon. :)

But for now:

We are home, she is in a body cast, still on some pain meds, but overall doing well.
The hardest part is the bed pan service. I think we have it down to a science now.
She has to be rotated, and keeping knots out of her hair is a challenge.

I'm so proud of her. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin