We have all learned the meaning to Stop! Drop! and Roll! It has to do with what you do when there is a fire and YOU catch on fire. You do not run, you stop, drop to the ground and roll to put the fire out.
The other night I was thinking of a way to remind us of when we are sinning out of habit. Maybe we are teasing another, or gossiping or thinking about things we shouldn't. How can we catch ourselves and solve the problem? Last night I came up with this!
We must Stop what we are doing! We know when we are sinning. STOP!
We should Drop what we are doing and pray. We can ask the Lord to give us wisdom and forgiveness! James says in chapter 1:5-6 "If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who gives to all liberally and without reproach. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
And lastly ROLL through the word. Study the scripture for wisdom! We can Study to learn the way the Lord wants us to live! 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says "All scripture is God-Breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Thy WORD is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path!
His Mercy
"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"
A Thought
Prayer Quote
“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis
― C. S. Lewis
Faith
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)



No comments:
Post a Comment