His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Freeway Chaos



Yes, this is my car.  It was clean when we left for the airport to pick up Becca's mom, who is staying in Texas for 2 weeks.

On the way back from the airport, late at night, I might add, we drove right into a construction area!
We were like lemmings jumping off a cliff.... one car after the other, and we got stuck in the group!

A large truck was in front of us about 5 cars up, and we could not see any signs.  The one lane apparently split into two. The truck went into the construction area, and so did everybody else!

The signs were awful. Once you saw it, it said, "Road Closed" but it was between where the lanes split and impossible to tell unless you had a clear view.

Things got worse from there. Some folks tried to turn around... ON A FWY and go the other way.
Seriously??
We stayed put and a very grouchy fellow with lights flashing seemed to need to remind us that "This is a Construction zone!"  Well duh!

He told us to wait.  At this point there were 3 cars in front of me, and about 10 behind me.
He then started to lead us through the area.  Down, down, down, into a VERY SCARY area with large trucks and heavy equipment digging and putting huge chunks of cement into the trucks.
All of the sudden, the guy 3 cars up stopped and turned around.  We say the truck do the same, so we started to do the same thinking it was a dead end.
Grouchy guy YELLS AT US.... STAY THERE! 
Apparently the nut in front of us decided not to follow the guy.

Finally, a really nice fellow drove up with a big smile and said, "I'm going to stop everybody and I'll come back to get you and lead you out of here. "
So we waited. He came back and did just that.
Another mile through some really rough areas and then he drove up under a construction area with a lot of cement overhead.  He waved his arm like, "common' it's ok" and we drove up and out of there. He told us to have a nice night!
And we were SO THANKFUL!
Man that was scary!
My son's mom in law thanked me for the adventure! LOL

Now I need to wash the car again.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin