His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Adjusting....

           ( A much younger Miss Erika) :)
So now that Miss Erika is driving, I no longer have get  to drive her to school, or take her to work. 
She is perfectly capable of getting there on her own, in her OWN car!
Times they are a changing WAY TOO FAST!
I am so happy for her, and at the same time there is a twinge of pain that she is oh so grown up!
I confess, I drove behind her the first day she drove to work on her own.
But today? NO.  She drove to work with her and Sarah, then dropped Sarah off at a Super Bowl Party and drove home on her own to study.
Whoa baby! She is so grown up!
Love my girl!
The Super Bowl party we attended had no children! In a house that used to bustle with loads of children, there were just two couples, enjoying the game and the commercials.  And I might just say, the "Weiner Dog Commercial" was my favorite. :)
We are entering a new phase of life. 
And we have learned to love each phase.  So here we go!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm not so sure I'd enjoy a house without children! I'm so darned grateful for our Monica.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin