His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day Of School.... Like Public School!






 Alli was truly TERRIFIED to go to school.  She hated the idea 3 months ago.  Today, she got on that bus, so bravely!





 Anna and Sarah had a long wait for their bus! It was 20 minutes late, but got them to school on time
Erika started College today.  Wow. COLLEGE!  She is 16 and working REALLY HARD.
We are still home educating her in most subjects. :)

So.... Erika had a young man ask her for her phone number. She handled that one very well. :)
Sarah loves her classes.  Anna does too.
Sarah and Anna are in the same History Class. :)
Alli loved all of her classes too.  She came home with a big smile. She said she had a little bit of panic and did what we told her to do, just in case.  (breathe deeply and SLOWLY)  She said she added to it, "Mama loves me. Mama loves me. " :)
And then she was ok. :)

And what did I do today???  I prayed for my girls! I went to the bank for Mike. Erika and I studied some together and then she did her own studies.  I cleaned out the attic of all the old school work, and pared down our books.  I did 3 loads of laundry, and then took Erika to college.
In the evening after dinner, we had to get a few more school supplies including "jazz" shoes for Sarah because she is taking a dance class that requires ballet shoes (which she already has) and Jazz shoes.
And then....I sat down to write this.
What a full and BLESSED day!

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin