His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm Sad

I am so sad. We went to Ministry group last night, and returned rather late. Too early to put the turkeys away when we left and it was late when we returned. We forgot to put them away.

They are in a fenced area, and roam around freely during the day time. This a.m., at about 5, I heard the duck going crazy. I just figured it was waking up and being "the duck that thinks its a rooster", like in Babe.

Apparently, the duck was running for cover and alerting us that our turkeys were being attacked by dogs. I didn't see the dogs, just the end result. 5 dead turkeys. It is so frustrating to have them fenced in, and they SHOULD be safe, only to have their lives taken from them for some dog's sport. If it were a wild animal, they would have eaten them. But, just like before with the sheep, 1 was eaten and the rest just left for dead.

I feel terribly that I didn't put them away. At the same time I feel angry that people don't put their dogs away and make sure they don't roam or pack.

So what is the Lord trying to teach me? Is he trying to take away the things that I love? Prying my hands off of my worldly desires to be a "real farmer?" Or is he saying, "get a dog stupid~!" I honestly don't know.

I know that if we move to Ukraine, we will most likely not have an animal. Is the Lord trying to prepare us for that? BUT... if we live in the country we will have an animal, but I doubt we would live in the country.

I don't know. I think for now, I'm going to pray and get a dog. That will solve both issues for now.

I'm just so sad.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin