His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, July 23, 2007

Erika and Mom go to Camp



Yep, we went to camp. When we were about an hour out of town, I had this chill go through my body. I was thinking, "were we supposed to bring tents?" AHHHHH! I started sweating, thinking about this ole' body sleeping on the ground. No way that could happen.
We arrived at the camp, and my heart was overyjoyed. I saw a very beautiful lodge, rocking chairs, and then we were led to the cabin. A large log cabin with lots of beds and real mattresses. YEA! This was gonna be cool!

Oh my, was it ever a great week. We did all kinds of things,but what impressed me the most was the giving hearts of so many young people who shared their lives with us.

One fellow in particular was a young man, on his way to college in New York. He was deaf, and could read lips quite well. I could have brought him home. He was just a joy to be around. I tried my sign language skills out on him and found out that I accidently know a bad word.:( He so eleoquently showed me the right way to say but. :)

Erika was able to do so many things. She climbed on ropes, did arts and crafts, swimming, bean John with the ball, air hockey, dancing(she loved dancing)miniature golf, high swings, archery, horse back riding, learned about metal crafts, watched movies in the theatre, participated in a skit,fished, met new friends and had a wonderful time.

She got to know Robert the guy who makes her legs pretty well, and also John, the guy who fits her for her legs. She made some friends with other children especially Kash, a beautiful girl who was born with no arms.

Oh my, we had a great time.

Our week was a week of peace. No staring. No glaring... just acceptance and love.
I will never forget it, and the wonderful parents I met. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin