His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Back from Oklahoma

Mike and I and the girlies are back from our visit in Oklahoma. We stayed with Mike's mom and dad, and they were graceious enough to let us slip off for a couple of hours to have lunch and then go visit Jim, alone.

The girls baked cookies with gramma and grampa and took a walk to the park.

Jim is doing as well as can be expected but is quite miserable. He gets nauseated and has a terrible head ache and eye pain. HIs throat is raw and he can barely talk.
He is hanging in there.
It took all I had inside to keep from breaking down weeping when I saw him. I was able to hold his hand for a while and put a cloth on his head. That was a true honor.

I'm happy that Jim and Cindy know that we love them.
We were able to visit Cindy and Emily at their church and that made Emily feel special. She had 3 guests at sunday school today!
We followed Cindy back to the hospital and then from there Mike and I left to go back to Texas.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin